Friday, April 24, 2009

Q-Tip Album Review

I used my library card to check out the new album from Q-Tip called The Renaissance. I have had it only two days and have listened to the entire album 3.5 times (and plan to listen to it again tonight as I am painting). The fact that I keep wanting to listen is the sign of a good record for me. I think I like it so much because it reminds me of his days with A Tribe Called Quest. For me, those were the golden days of hip-hop. I am still struck by how smooth Q-Tip is with his vocals - and yes, he can still kick it. There are even guest appearances by Eve, Norah Jones, and D'Angelo. All in all, a solid album that is best listened to in its entirety. Using a Jaacen-esque rating scale, I would give this album 4 out of 5 wallets left in El Segundo. Check it.

The Renaissance cover

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay--cool review about something I have never heard of. Your blog opens my world up. I have heard of Nora and I'm intrigued.